Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Super easy chicken dinner

I found this recipe on Pinterest several weeks ago, and have been meaning to try it - I finally got around to it last night.  I didn't use all of the butter than the original recipe called for - actually, I didn't use any butter - and it was delicious.  The original also called for the Italian dressing seasoning packet - I had the dressing on hand so just used that.  I feel like it would have less sodium anyway, and the liquid replaces all the butter.  I loved that I could throw it in the pan and into the oven, and I had an hour to work out (twice this week, watch out!) and dinner was finished.  
Green Beans, Chicken & Potatoes

3-4 medium potatoes, cut
2 c. green beans, cut
1 lb chicken breasts
1 onion, chunked
3-4 garlic cloves, smashed
Italian dressing
Salt and pepper
Olive oil

Spray the pan with Pam.  Line the chicken breasts down the middle of the baking dish.  Put the potatoes on one side and the green beans on the other.  Salt and pepper everything.  Lay the onion pieces around on top and drop in the garlic cloves.  Drizzle some Italian dressing over the top and some olive oil.  I probably used 2ish tablespoons of dressing and one of olive oil.  Cover with foil and bake for an hour at 350*.  Enjoy!

The chicken was so tender and delicious.  I have to admit, the potatoes were a smidge on the crunchier side, so if you really wanted to you could boil them for 5-10 minutes first – but that takes 15 more minutes and you have to clean another pot.  The hardest part of this recipe is breaking the beans, but if you buy them already cleaned, then you’re golden.  I’ll definitely do that next time.    

This was super easy and really tasty - we'll definitely have it again.  Hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment