Friday, May 31, 2013

Weekend in Kennebunk, ME!

At the beginning of May (look at me, only 1 month behind, not 7!), I hopped on a plane and headed north.  One of my best friends Emily who lives just outside of London was in the States visiting her parents for a couple of weeks, and I basically invited myself up to crash the party for the weekend.  I was dying to see her and meet her precious bundle of joy!!  A few weeks prior, Em had asked me to be the godmother to her beautiful baby girl, and I am so thrilled.  I couldn't let a visit to the States go without seeing both of them!

The main objective of the weekend - get loads of snuggle time with this little peanut!! 


The the weather was sunny and beautiful.  It was May Day in quaint Kennebunk, so there was a parade and vendors out and everything.  




Baby girl stayed with her grandparents a few times while Em and I snuck out for some good girl time.  It was great for Grammy and Gramps to get some quality baby time, and for Em and I to do some shopping and brunching.


What's a trip to Maine without lobster?!  Saturday night we went to Nunan's, apparently the best place in town to get good lobster.  



I had the Number 3 - which determined the number and weight of the lobster I got.  Em put us all to shame when she ordered and cleaned out 2 big suckers, but I was happy with just 1 and a cup of NE Clam Chowda.  And of course my Lays potato chips and pickles.  I had to try the local beer, Shipyard, too.

 

Finished!

The rest of the weekend consisted of snuggling and giggling and reading books and enjoying this great age and being with my beautiful goddaughter!



Thank you Grammy and Gramps for sharing your weekend with me!!  I always love visiting you in Maine, look forward to next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment