Monday, May 21, 2012

Upper King Street Market

One great thing about working in Old Town is the weekly Farmers Market that is held Wednesday afternoons from May - October.  It is a nice treat to just wander out of the office and have all of these wonderful booths set up!


Last week when I stopped by, there were about 8-10 vendors.  They were selling everything from potted flowers and herbs to fresh veggies and fruits, bread, sweets, and meats. 




There were some established stores, such as Bread and Chocolate, as well as small, local merchants.  With the warmer weather and abundance of Farmers Markets in the area, I'm going to need to alter my grocery shopping habits so I can take advantage of the fresh, local produce!


 Is there a good market near your home or office?  Tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment