Saturday, November 26, 2011

Richmond Thanksgiving

We traveled to Richmond to spend Thanksgiving with my parents again this year.  Mom hosts the big dinner on Thursday with our family.  This year, we had 15 people join us, including my aunt, uncle, 2 cousins, 2 cousin-in-laws, 4 kids and my mother in law.


The food as usual was amazing!  Such great cooks in this family!



We made a 18lb turkey for the group.  We also had mashed potato casserole, corn pudding, inside and outside stuffing, green beans, pretzel salad, sweet potato casserole, cranberry turkeys and both corn and pumpkin muffins.  We all sit at the same table, which is getting more challenging as our family continues to grow, but we make it work!


Then for desert we had 2 pumpkin pies from my aunt and then I made a pecan pie, apple pie, and Nutella pound cake.  All completed with some homemade whip cream!


I love Thanksgiving - it is really one of my favorite days of the year.  Being at home with my parents and our family, continuing traditions that we have shared for years with wonderful food - it doesn't get much better! 
We have so much to be thankful for this year!  I hope you had a great holiday weekend with your friends and families.

No comments:

Post a Comment