Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wine Wednesday

With the start of the New Year, I have a new series starting here on the blog...

Heeeelloooo Wine Wednesday!

I might have mentioned before that we like wine. (did you catch that?)  I love finding new producers and vineyards to explore and try.  And I always have friends and coworkers asking me for good, reasonably priced bottles of wine that they can find easily.  Besides the wine clubs we're members of, most of the wine we purchase is from Wegmans Costco and Total Wine.  It's very easy to find and affordable.

When trying to decide what wine to do for my first Wine Wednesday, I had a tough time choosing!  There are so many...where do you begin?  When one of my girlfriends brought a bottle of this to girls night over the weekend, I knew it was a great first wine.
Bogle is a family owned winery located just outside of Sacramento, California.  They produce a large selection of value wines.  I think their most popular is probably their Petite Sirah.  It has been rated for years by Wine Spectator as a 'Best Buy.'  Typically you can find this wine for about $8-9 at your local wine or grocery stores. 



The Pinot Noir that they produce is another one of my favorites.  A couple of dollars more, you can usually find this one for around $10-11.  It was rated as a Top Value wine by Wine Enthusiast in 2009.  

They also produce a Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Reisling, Merlot (which you can find often at Costco), Cabernet Sauvignon, Old Vine Zinfandel (which made the Top 100 Value list from Wine Spectator a couple of times), Phantom, and Petite Sirah Port.  

Bogle has something for everyone!  If you're looking for a good, inexpensive bottle - check 'em out!








No comments:

Post a Comment