Tuesday, April 19, 2011

How it happened

It all began with dinner on a Tuesday night in DC, followed by an innocent walk around the monuments in the dark, since 'they're so pretty at night.'  Camera in hand (who would want to miss the chance to take these pictures, he insisted), off we went...around the Washington, through WWII, and along the reflecting pool.  Holding hands, smiling, and just being in love.  About 2/3 of the way to the Lincoln Memorial...a big hug, something along the lines of "I love you more than anything in the world..." and the he disappeared.  Honey?  Little did I know, he was just on one knee, muttering the words "Will You Marry Me?"  It was dark!  How was I to see him?!  

Anyway.

April 18, 2006.


Remember that camera I just had to bring with me?  Yeah, this is why.

Lots of joyful tears and jumping, screaming "WE'RE GETTING MARRIED?!!??!" and some quick calls to our parents followed.  My parents knew...first thing dad said was "Finally!" They had been keeping the secret since the previous Friday when husband had visited to ask my dad's permission.  

So that's our story.  What's yours?  

3 comments:

  1. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! I remembering my phone kept ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing, and me finally thinking, "fine! I'll get up!" =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pics of you two. You both look so happy, so excited, and so in love. Also, you can tell that your eyes are a little full of "tears of joy". We got engaged on April 29th. It's a good month for engagements I think :)

    ReplyDelete