Friday, January 23, 2015

Zoodles!

There's been so much talk lately on blogs and among my friends about spiralizers and zoodles, I thought I would give it a shot.  After a few friends raved about their spiralizer, I ordered one!


Photo from Amazon

What's a spiralizer you say?  Well it takes vegetables or potatoes and turns them into spiraled noodle type things!  I did some searching on Amazon and this is the one I ordered.  There are several different options, including 3 and 4 blade models.  I opted for the cheaper, highly recommended 3 blade option.  I finally used it one night this week to make dinner! 




I picked zucchini for my first spiralizer meal, since there are tons of recipes for zoodles.  I found one from my favorite food blogger, Skinnytaste - Shrimp Scampi Zoodles.  




It was so easy to use.  You just put the zucchini on the crank, and twist! 




The recipe calls for the zoodles to be sauteed for just 2 minutes - and shrimp only takes a few minutes to cook, too, so dinner was ready in no time!  Perfect for a busy weeknight. 





M was skeptical when I put the plate down in front of him... "What, is this like a healthier version of healthy?"  Um, yes, it is.  It was delicious!  And he practically licked the plate, and commented that it was really good.  Ha!


Photo from Skinnytaste

I am looking forward to trying many more recipes with zoodles and other veggies!  Skinnytaste has some great ones that are already on my list!

Happy Spiralizing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment