Pesto Orecchiette With Chicken Sausage
- 12 ounces orecchiette
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen okra
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fully cooked Italian-style chicken sausage links, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pesto (I didn't really measure this, just used 3-4 spoonfuls)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the green beans and peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and vegetables and return them to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the sausage, pesto, Parmesan, and ½ cup of the reserved cooking water to the pasta and vegetables and toss to combine (add more cooking water if the pasta seems dry).