Monday, April 23, 2012

Beer BBQ Chicken

This winter/spring, I have really tried to use the crockpot a lot more than before...which, seeing that I'd only made 1 or 2 meals in it ever, it wasn't a huge feat... But I have really fallen in love.  Pork, chili, bolognese sauce, bbq...there are so many options!

When I saw this post on one of the other blogs I read, and noticed at the very bottom the words 'beer bbq chicken.'  I knew it would be perfect to make while M was out running 50 miles.

© 2012 Bobby Gill
 What a great surprise - to come home to a house that smelled amazing and have bbq chicken for dinner!



serves about 8-10

3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 large)
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces of beer (I used Dale's Pale Ale)
32 ounces of barbecue sauce


Season chicken with onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Add to crockpot, then add beer and 24 ounces of barbecue sauce. Cook on low for 8 hours, tossing once or twice if desired. After 8 hours, shred and add remaining barbecue sauce. Toss chicken to coat and let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving to absorb everything. Serve as desired.


I didn't even really have to shred it - the chicken just fell apart as I tried to get it out of the crockpot with the tongs.  It doesn't get any easier, or tastier, than this.  It makes a ton, but you could always use less of everything...or just eat it for almost every meal like we H did for a week!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment