Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cuisine de Provence cooking class

One morning during our week in Provence, we headed to Vaison-la-Romaine to meet Barbara of Cuisine de Provence for our cooking class at her home.

There were 2 other American ladies in the class with us - it was a great size.  We all were very hands on with the preparation of the different dishes. We arrived, were handed our aprons and put straight to work! 



Barbara's home was lovely and incredibly inviting.  The day was beautiful and she kept the door to the kitchen open the whole time - it was perfect. 


While we cooked, we all talked about Provence and the different adventures we were having.  Barbara's lived and traveled around the world, and had some great stories to share. 


We made several dishes - an olive tapenade, a bread or cake with olives and bacon, an onion and pepper tart, a red pepper soup, and a desert.  Everything we used was fresh from the local markets or stores or straight from her garden!



Once the work was finished, the 5 of us sat on her outdoor patio for lunch.





I can't wait to recreate the dishes at home...I think the cake will be first on my list!  I'll certainly share when I make it!


It was just such a great day, and truly one of my favorite things we did.  (and I'm not just saying that because she reads my blog!)  Barbara was fantastic, and it was so nice to be in her home and learn the local side of Provincial and French life and cuisine.


(Look at that fantastic piece behind us with all of the lovely dishes!)


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time on your trip. We went there for our honeymoon this summer. We went to Nice, St. Remy de Provence and then Paris. St. Remy was the so great. We just took day trips from there all around the region.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on your blog - I am glad you liked Cuisine de Provence so much. And I had a real good time with you, too!

    ReplyDelete