Friday, August 12, 2011

Husband, as a child...

A few weeks ago, we finally got around to going through some of the Rubbermaid containers that arrived in our house several months ago from my mother in law.  Some of the things were typical boy stuff - sports posters, toys, etc.  But some was just too funny not to share.  Below are a few photos of some of my favorite 'finds' as we sorted through the childhood of my husband.


Notice the piles (and piles) of Sports Illustrated's and trophies.


Lots of Dook and Grant Hill crap memorabilia. 


I think there were 2 or 3 full boxes of these.  All read, all sealed in protective sleeves, of course.


Those are baseball cards, 3 or 4 FULL boxes of baseball cards.  I'm told this is 'boy stuff'....


Husband when he was about 5 - how cute!  We showed both of my parents this and they didn't realize it was him!




Four of about 15-20 of these guys...all with matching cards to go along with them.


Several of these...


and these.

Luckily, the recycling bin, trash can, and eBay/Craigslist were soon full of these 'treasures.'  We did keep some things, but not too many.  At one point, husband had 43 items listed on eBay!  Get it out of here!!

Operation GROS.  Love it. 

3 comments:

  1. I loved this! I'm sure it was fun for him to go through it all too! And I love the pic of young Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I spied a Grant Hill Wheaties box! Yay Duke! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I guess it's safe to say that he was into sports as a kid

    ReplyDelete