Sunday, January 2, 2011

Favorite Ornaments

As the Christmas season comes to an end and we pack up all of our holiday directions, I wanted to take a few moments to share with you a few of my favorite ornaments.  My parents stopped putting up a tree years ago since I'm never in town for the holidays and it's so much work.  I'd love to go through the ornaments that Mom has a bring a few here, but that will probably not happen any time soon.  I do have several that I have collected myself over the years which I just love.  I'm sure we all have those few very special ones that we love to unpack each year.


 My mom, aunt and I all have the German pickle ornament to remember our German heritage

 This is the Home Alone turtle dove - see the box below?  One of my childhood friends gave it to me, and she has the other - this is the original box it came in :)



 These are my cousin's little kids at the boys' first Christmas.

 Anyone from Richmond will recognize this.  It's a beautiful pewter ornament that is about Bruce the Spruce and the Legendary Santa (the real one).  Both Matt and I used to go to visit the same Santa when we were kids.

 I was good friends with some guys in college and we played golf several Fridays a month - I gave them each one of these for Christmas my senior year.  Reminds me of all the laughs we shared.

When I was a little girl, I had an advent calendar that was an ornament a day to decorate a little tree.  This is one of the only ornaments that I still have.




These are my new new ones from this year.  The one on the left is a silver champagne glass - it has 2 others in the group, a champagne bottle and wine glass.  They fit well with our wine hobby!  Mom brought me the beautiful acorn.  My college's symbol is an acorn and I love being able to have a pretty acorn on my tree!

The holidays sure flew by for us this year.  They were very special as we were lucky to spend some great times with our family and friends.  I sure hope yours were as wonderful as ours were.

Happy New Year to you and yours - I'm very excited to see what 2011 will bring, and I look forward to sharing it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment